- Professor, 2015 - , Department of Mathematics, University of Alabama,
- Associate Professor, 2011 - 2015, Department of Mathematics, University of Alabama,
- Assistant Professor, 2006 - 2011, Department of Mathematics, University of Alabama,
- Postdoc, 2003 - 2006, Department of Mathematics, Michigan State University,
Honors and Awards
- National Science Foundation:
DMS-2110914 (PI, 2021 - 2024)
DMS-1812930 (PI, 2018 - 2021)
DMS-1836318 (PI, 2018 - 2020)
DMS-1318898 (PI, 2013 - 2017)
DMS-1016579 (PI, 2010 - 2014)
DMS-0609844 (PI, 2006 - 2010)
DMS-0616704 (Co-PI, 2006 - 2009)
- Leadership Board Fellow, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Alabama, 2021
- Distinguished Paper Award, International Consortium of Chinese Mathematicians, 2020
- Excellence in Academic Advising, University of Alabama, 2019
- Simons Foundation Collaboration Grant for Mathematicians
Award ID: 524151 (PI, 2017 - 2022). Terminated early due to the receipt of an NSF research grant.
- Outstanding Reviewer, Journal of Computational Physics, Elsevier, 2015.
- University of Alabama RSP Award
- University of Alabama RGC Award
- Journal Editor, Computational and Mathematical Biophysics (formerly Molecular Based Mathematical Biology), (2012 - ).
- Editor, Computation, (2017 - ).
- Editor, Journal of Applied Mathematics, (2011 - 2016).
- Guest Editor, International Journal of Biomedical Imaging, (2010 and 2011).
- Guest Editor, The Scientific World Journal, (2014).
- Guest Editor, Communication in Information and Systems, (2018 - 2020).
- Guest Editor, Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, (2020).
Professional services and activities
- NSF Panelist and Proposal Reviewer, Program of Computational Mathematics and Program of Mathematical Biology.
- Conference Organizer,
Computational Aspects of Time Dependent Electromagnetic Wave Problems in Complex Materials, ICERM at Brown University, June 2018
SIAM Conference on the Life Sciences, Minneapolis, August 2018.
NSF-CBMS Conference: Mathematical Molecular Bioscience and Biophysics, May 13-17, 2019
Annual University of Alabama System Applied Mathematics Joint Meeting, University of Alabama, (2016 and 2019).
Conference on Computational and Mathematical Bioinformatics and Biophysics, Sanya, China, (2019 - 2021).
- Minisymposium Organizer,
"Numerical PDEs for Interface Problems and Their Applications", SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, Reno, Nevada, March 2011.
"Modeling complex biological systems: theoretical and computational studies", 36th Annual SIAM South East Atlantic Section Conference, University of Alabama in Huntsville, March 2012.
"Modeling and Computation of Macromolecular Structures and Interactions", The Society for Mathematical Biology Annual Meeting and Conference, NIMBioS, University of Tennessee, July 2012.
"Molecular Biosciences: Macromolecular Structures and Interactions", SIAM Conference on Life Science, Charlotte, NC, August 2014.
"Accurate and efficient time integration methods for unsteady PDEs", SIAM Southeastern Atlantic Section Conference (SIAM-SEAS 2015), University of Alabama at Birmingham, March 2015.
"Molecular Biosciences and Biophysics - Macromolecular Structures and Interactions", SIAM Conference on Life Science, Boston, July 2016.
"Operator splitting methods for numerical PDEs and their applications", The 2nd Annual Meeting of SIAM Central States Section, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Oct. 2016.
"Molecular Bioscience and Biophysics: Modeling and Computation", The 3rd Annual Meeting of SIAM Central States Section, Colorado State University, Oct. 2017.
"Modeling and Computation in Molecular Biosciences and Biophysics", SIAM Conference on Life Sciences, Minneapolis, August 2018.
"Recent Developments and Applications in Computational Biology", 44th SIAM Southeastern Atlantic Section Conference, Auburn University, September 2021.
"Recent Advances in Numerical PDE: Fast Algorithms and Applications", The Second International Conference on Computational Methods and Applications in Engineering, Mississippi State University, 2022.
- Journal Article Reviewer, for 55 international journals.